As we finished up our study of trees this week, we made a faux cherry blossom branch. Actually, the branch, itself, was real – I cut it from our cherry tree after it stopped blooming. I then dried it front of the fireplace as it was too rainy to dry it in the sun and too small to dry it in the oven. I then put dots of glue from the hot glue gun on the branch, wherever there had been a bud before. Dora then crumpled pink tissue paper up and put it in the glue. I think it looks very pretty, though I just noticed that in some of the close up photos, you can see some hot glue gun “strings” still (errrr!).
Please note my left sidebar for all the awesome link-ups that I am participating in.